Living & Working in Dubai
If you are interested in working in Dubai, Morgan McKinley could help you. Our consultants are experts in recruitment abroad for the banking and financial sector and we team this knowledge with local offices across several international locations, including Dubai, to offer you expert global knowledge with integrated local support.
Morgan McKinley aims to make living and working abroad as simple as possible for you so call us today to find out how we can help.
Living in Dubai – fast facts
- Dubai has a population of almost 1.25 million, with a reported male/female ratio of 73/27.
- The currency in Dubai is the Dirham.
- Dubai’s Burj Al Arab hotel is the world’s only seven-star establishment.
- Dubai’s climate is perennially warm, although slightly cooler in winter, with little rainfall and enjoys warm sea temperatures, especially in the summer months.
- Foreigners comprise up to 90% of the population with many global companies having offices in the city.
- Dubai’s working week is typically between 40 and 48 hours.
- Dubai is a tax-free country.
Visa and tax requirements in Dubai
You will require a visa to enter Dubai whether you’re visiting for business or pleasure, or planning to live and work in Dubai. Visa options include visitor visa, transit visa or residence visa and labour card. You can find out more about visa requirements via the UAE Embassy website, http://www.uaeembassyuk.net/.
Morgan McKinley can offer you the advice about visa requirements for working in Dubai you need, as well as much more, so get in touch today to find out how we can help get you working in Dubai.